ANTIBLU is a tried, tested and proven preservative designed to provide a short term protection to freshly harvested and sawn timbers.
Antiblu protects against the threat of surface moulds and blue stain.
These organisms can affect the appearance of sawn timbers during drying and storage and seriously reduce its commercial value.
Our latest generation Antiblu product now comes as a simple to use and cost effective 2 pack system.
This allows for an adaptable control of the preservative formulation to suit local conditions and business requirements.
Just like all the products we offer ANTIBLU has been extensively tested in international field trials under different climatic conditions. It is suitable for the protection of softwoods and hardwoods throughout the seasoning, storage and transport of freshly harvested or sawn timbers.
ANTIBLU can be applied to a range of timber species through simple dipping or deluge processes. Because it is non-corrosive ANTIBLU can be used for in-line production processes within sawmills. Our latest ANTIBLU product was the first major anti-sapstain preservative to gain authorisation under the Biocidal Products Directive.
Sapstain, sometimes called blue stain, is caused by fungi which thrive on freshly cut logs and sawn timber causing unsightly discolouration.
Infected timber is unacceptable for many end uses representing a huge loss in value. AntibluTM Select 3787 is an advanced boron free, waterborne timber treatment ormulation, based on biodegradable ingredients, that provides advanced and economical protection against sapstain and mould fungi for your freshly felled or freshly sawn timber.
- Provides protection against sapstain and mould throughout seasoning, storage and transport.
- Proven performance - treated timber has been extensively tested in international field trials under different climatic conditions.
- Contains highly effective fungicides that combine to give outstanding cost effective performance - full BPR approval.
- Supplied as an easy to use 2 pack concentrate system that mixes readily with water to produce an exceptionally stable ready-to-use treatment solution.
- Applied by simple dipping process - non corrosive formulation.
- Maintains the natural colour and appearance of the timber.
- Formulated to comply with the most stringent international health and safety legislation.
- Treated timber is acceptable throughout international markets.
- Why is AntibluTM Select 3787 an excellent choice for the sapstain control of your timber?
AntibluTM Select 3787 provides a cost effective and easy to apply sapstain control for freshly sawn timber, leaving it clean and bright, even after shipping. AntibluTM Select 3787 is a global brand and benefits from our true worldwide experience in sapstain control.
- When do I use AntibluTM Select 3787?
Infection of sawn timber by stain and mould fungi can occur very quickly after harvesting. Therefore, AntibluTM Select 3787 should be applied as soon after harvesting as possible.
- How do I use AntibluTM Select 3787?
Adding the 2 pack concentrate AntibluTM Select 3787 to water produces a ready to use treatment solution which is then applied to the timber by a simple dip treatment process. Once treated, timber should be left to dry before release.
- How much ANTIBLUTM SELECT is used?
The concentration of AntibluTM Select 3787 treatment solution needed to provide the desired protection will depend on many factors such as timber species, storage conditions, climate and the required length of protection. Our Technical team will carry out a detailed assessment of individual circumstances to ensure that the optimum cost effective concentration is used.
- How do I monitor the ANTIBLUTM SELECT treatment solution concentration?
The concentration of AntibluTM Select 3787 treatment solution can be easily measured on-site using a simple test kit supplied by us.
Technical details for ANTIBLU preservative are available in our Knowledge Centre.